It's June 1st and we are nearly half way through the year. Where did the time go??
Not only does June mark the official start of the Summer season (June 21st) but it is also a very special month for me. Father's Day (June 16th) will mark two years since I found my dad.
The birthstone for June is the Pearl, the zodiac sign is Gemini - ending on the 20th, to be followed by Cancer - beginning on the 21st.
The flower for June is the beautiful rose. Speaking of roses, lets take a peek at what the colors mean.
Red - Love, Beauty,
White - Purity, Innocence, Silence, Secrecy, Reverence, Humility, Youthfulness,
White (Bridal) - Happy love
Pink - Appreciation,
Yellow - Joy, Friendship,
Orange - Desire, Enthusiasm
Red and White - Given together, these signify unity
Red and Yellow - Jovial and Happy Feelings
Peach - Closing the deal, Let's get together, Sincerity, Gratitude
Pale Peach - Modesty
Coral - Desire
Lavender - Love at first sight, Enchantment
Black - Death, Farewell
Blue - The unattainable, the impossible
Red Rosebud - Symbolic of purity and loveliness
White Rosebud - Symbolic of girlhood
Thorn-less Rose - "Love at first sight"
Roses by the Numbers
- A single rose of any color depicts utmost devotion
- Two roses entwined together communicate "Marry me"
- Six Roses signify a need to be loved or cherished
- Eleven roses assure the recipient they are truly and deeply loved
- Thirteen roses indicate a secret admirer
- Aquarium Month
- Candy Month
- Dairy Month
- Fight the Filthy Fly Month
- Gay Pride Month
- National Accordion Awareness Month
- National Adopt a Cat Month
- National Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Month
- Rose Month
- Turkey Lovers Month